Yes, I’ve been an inconsistent blogger. I lost track after April and there was a period where I felt that no matter what I did it wasn’t showing results in any of the fields that I put my hands in. It took a long time to stand up again and get back into the game. I didn’t want to pull out the notes from my happy jar because I was scared there wouldn’t be a lot. There were 150+ happy moments from this year. (Many more that I didn’t have time to jot down.)
But here are 10 amazing things that happened to me in 2018.
1. I graduated from college!
2. I got my dream job.
3. I took my parents out on a classy lunch and showered them with gifts.
4. I went on a trip to Varkala with my college gang. (Yes, the Goa trip never happened. But Varkala was close enough.) oh yeah! I also went on a trek to MakaliDurga hills with these guys!
5. I got rid of toxic people from my life.
6. I FINALLY read Dan Brown and he blew my mind. Yes, I also re-read the entire Harry Potter series because that’s a must every year! I made BookWorm, Blossoms and Milano my second home. (Thanks to the happiness jar, I kept track of the number of times I went to these places 😂)
7. I sold 50 of the #12StepsToHappiness Calendar of 2019. (If you still haven’t ordered and you need more than 5, text me! [Smooth promotions, Ramya. Very smooth] )
8. I learnt to let go of people/things that aren’t meant to be in your life.
9. I explored so many different restaurants and different cuisines! I went to YouTube Fanfest, attended two live concerts (Agam and Thaikkudam Bridge), went to comic-con (for free!) and met Alicia Souza. Did loads of impulsive things which I don’t regret one bit. [New experiences FTW!]
10. This entire year was filled with loads of memories with my family and the most amazing friends that I have Niki, Bhav and Sravs with tonnes of sleepovers and fun never ending conversations and that made me feel so content. (P.S. you guys are practically family. Thanks for being there for me throughout! Also don’t fly too high. 😛 I’ll still torture you for the rest of my life.)
I don’t have a very elaborate list for 2019 but I have a feeling that it’s going to be better than 2018. Wish you all a happy new year in advance and also stay safe!